It is tough out there.
At least where I live — Los Angeles. I do not need social media to make me feel a little insecure, all I gotta do is go to Whole Foods and find beautiful women in their work out outfits, looking well, flawless.
Trick Number I: go insane and talk to yourself.
Talk to yourself internally whenever you are feeling insecure. Remember your affirmations and practice them as many times as you need.
- “I am motivated to lose weight and become healthy”.
- “I love taking care of my body”.
- “I am strong in mind and body”.
- “There is nothing I cannot accomplish”.
Trick II: Let your insecurity fuel your fire.
Use the exact thing making you feel insecure to fuel your fire. For example, if you see someone super fit, and you’re still carrying holiday weight from five years ago, use that image of the fit person to make you want to look like them. The beautiful thing about that is you can start with small steps.
- Juicing in the morning — It takes about 10 minutes, and you feel great after consuming your veggies+fruit. (Juicers are amazing! Some go from $40 on Ebay, check it out).
One of my favorite recipes contains:
- 2 Apples (you can use 3 to 4 if you want to cover the taste of the veggies)
- 1 Orange
- 10 carrots
- Handful of spinach
- 4 Celery
- Handful of kale
It takes me 13 minutes to wash the fruit+veggies, make it, and clean the juicer (yes, I timed myself, I have fun in weird ways). I usually make two bottles and refrigerate the other one. I drink the other bottle for dinner if I do not feel very hungry but have to get my nutrients in.
The combination of talking to yourself and making a quick juice in the morning will make you feel very productive. Now, if I haven’t said it yet, your body will become extremely addicted to feeling good and productive. This will then lead you to eat better foods, generating a lot of more energy.
However, that is another step. For now, affirmations and drinking healthy juices is a great start.
One step at a time.